Lead Trainer Development
This qualification is delivered by ABE appointed trainers as a one-day course.
It is designed to provide college tutors with professional development in the following areas:
- Planning, delivering and evaluating training sessions in a real workplace learning environment
- Understanding how assessment is used in education and assessing learning outcomes
The programme also offers a fantastic opportunity to work with a group of like-minded colleagues and build professional networks.
Key selling points
- It’s quick - learning outcomes are designed to encourage strong understanding of training
principles in the fastest time possible
- It’s varied - encourages self-development through reflection, group work and self-paced
- It adds value - research in UK by the Higher Education Policy Institute shows that lecturers with
formal teaching qualifications are valued more highly by students than those who are simply
experts in their subject
- It’s flexible – delivery and assessment is within the control of your centre
- It’s recognised - accreditation by Ofqual means participants gain a recognised qualification that
proves their professional aptitude
For more details please click here to view the syllabus.
Who should study ABE Lead Trainer Development?
The course is designed for tutors involved in any form of professional teaching or training at college level.
Participants do not have to be teaching ABE qualifications.
How to sign up for this programme
Applications to run or take part in this programme need to come from colleges on their tutor’s behalf and not directly from individuals.
If your college is interested in running this programme please email: firstname.lastname@example.org